Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mommyhood

Hi friends! I need to forewarn you that this post is full of mushy gushy feelings about the love of my life and our little growing baby. ;)

Sometimes I think about the miraculous bundle of joy growing inside me and cannot believe it is real. I cannot believe that God has blessed Bradley and I with such a gift of life, and that in a few more months we are going to have a tiny human being with a heart, mind and soul. I have wanted to be a wife and mommy even as a little girl. Of course I have many other hopes, dreams, and goals as well, but i always knew that those other things would only be worthless without more love in my life and my own family. I know there will be ups and downs to motherhood, and sometimes I will not feel adequate enough to raise another human being. But I am ready for that challenge. The love I already feel for this little growing person is overwhelming. I cannot even begin to imagine the day I meet him or her in person, look into his or her eyes and feel his or her soft skin. Bradley and I have both been extremely blessed with amazing parents, and we hope to be even more amazing to our children. To be a mother must be the most important job in the world, and I am thrilled to take on that role myself. And holy smokes! I am also so blessed to have such an amazing husband who is my absolute best friend. Bradley is going to be an amazing Daddy, I know I'm only going to fall more and more in love with him. I can't wait to keep growing in love, joy, maturity & selflessness every day with Bradley and our little one. And imagine all of the adventures we are going to have!






source

Xoxo

2 comments:

  1. OMG'osh! How sweet! My favorite photo is the first! I love the lighting. Umm...wish I could remember all that I recently posted, but somehow got deleted...I love how candid and humble your post is. It captures the thought process of what becoming a mother is...an adventure (so i'm told)
    We're so excited for you both!
    Blesssings--M a h l e a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mahlea! I hope we'll see you two sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete