Saturday, January 15, 2011

Our little Dean Bean!

Well hello there! Our apologies for leaving you hanging on the house and our our little blog. It is probably obvious that we wrote the previous 2 posts a long time ago, and didn't give you many house pictures in the last post. We actually started Dean Pudding months ago, never announced it, and then switched over to blogger and copied & pasted our text but not all of our pictures! So, we didn't buy our house 3 months ago, but about 7 months ago in May '10. We are pretty much finished with the renovation (minus a few minor projects and decorating), and have been living in our new home for almost 5 months. Instead of overloading you with a mound of pictures of the before, demolition, restructuring, current state, and eventual finished & decorated state we are going to give it to you room by room a little at a time. It has been an exciting and worthwhile project, as well as tough and a bit scary. And we wouldn't trade it for the world. :)

Since moving into our newly renovated historical home, we have had a little bun growing in the oven! That news definitely came as a surprise and a little earlier than we had anticipated, but we are ecstatic and very ready to be a Momma & Daddy team with a little bundle of joy! We are already so in love with our little Dean Bean, and feel our love growing for him/her and each other more and more everyday. We are about 12 weeks now, and thank the Lord I'm not nauseous and sick anymore. Although the sickness is definitely worth it. ;) He or she is almost fully formed, 1 1/2" long, has teeth buds, eye lids, and can clench his/her fists! He/she is also moving and stretching, I just can't feel it yet. But oh boy I cannot wait until I can feel him/her!

It was Thanksgiving and Bradley & I thought there was a possibility we could be pregnant. We were going out of town and decided that if by Sunday when we got home it was still a possibility that we would take a pregnancy test. That Friday was the Iron Bowl. We naturally root for the underdog, and Bradley started his college career at Auburn, so duh we're Auburn fans. I said to Bradley, "If Auburn wins this game then I know we're pregnant." Sure enough Auburn won. The entire weekend all I could think about was being pregnant, how we would tell our family & friends, and how our lives would forever change. We got home Sunday to immediately take a pregnancy test and it was negative. I was a little bummed at first because I had built up the idea so much, but then shrugged my shoulders and we said it just wasn't time yet, and it would happen when it is supposed to happen. Then we went about our business. Or so we thought. Hours later, Bradley looked at me and said, "Are you sure you read that test right?" I quickly looked up the brand online and how to read the results. I didn't have the instructions with the pregnancy test when I took it. My heart started racing, and I ran to the trash can and pulled out the test. Sure enough it was positive. I came back to the living room and Bradley said he could see my heart pounding under my shirt. We ran to Walgreen's and took two more tests. We were definitely pregnant!

The best day of my life was the day Bradley asked me to marry him. I was totally surprised and didn't see it coming. That's another long blog post later though. ;) But hearing our little baby's heartbeat for the first time, and seeing it flicker on the ultrasound screen is definitely one of the most amazing experiences of my life. There are no words to describe it. I am tearing up now just typing about it. Every day is a new adventure and experience, and I am so glad I get to share it with Bradley who is the love of my life and best friend, and now our little baby growing in my tummy.

Until next time, Bless & be blessed! (And i promise that next time won't be weeks from now. Sooner than that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment