Monday, January 17, 2011

Snow & Martin Luther King Jr.

Last Monday I experienced the most snow I've ever seen with my own eyes and touched with my own hands. For once, us Southerners in my part of Alabama were justified in buying up all the bread and milk from every grocery store. And the weather man's snow prediction matched the view outside every little hopeful kid's bedroom window that next morning. Bradley, Rylee pup & I had such a blast. It will probably one of those days that I'll always remember, and think about how much fun we had. Plus, Auburn won the national championship that night. ;) Here's a little video we made with our digital harinezumi camera (best Christmas gift I've ever given my man).



And in memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I'll leave you with some of his inspirational yet convicting words of wisdom and power.

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

"Let no man pull you low enough to hate him."

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

"The hope of a secure and livable world lies with disciplined nonconformists who are dedicated to justice, peace and brotherhood."

"Nonviolence is the answer to the crucial political and moral questions of our time; the need for mankind to overcome oppression and violence without resorting to oppression and violence. Mankind must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love."

"I submit to you that if a man hasn't discovered something he will die for, he isn't fit to live."


























Photo by the late Charles Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment