Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Little Hello from Baby

This morning I woke up before my alarm (which is a tiny miracle in itself. I mean, everyone is telling me to sleep while I still can), and felt so refreshed and well rested. I have already had trouble sleeping through the night, which scares me for when I am really pregnant, hot, and have a little human kicking me from the inside. Ahem. And speaking of, I finally felt our little one this morning! All of the books say it feels like butterflies or gas bubbles (pregnancy gets you over that gross stuff fast), and I thought it felt similar but there is definitely a difference. It felt like a little tap, as if he or she was saying, “Good morning, Mommy!” And let me tell ya, I have been on cloud nine ever since. Bradley had an early morning meeting this morning, so I walked to work listening to the Beatles. You know the scene from 500 Days of Summer when Tom walks to work and everyone around him is singing and dancing along, and even blue cartoon birds show up? Well, that’s how I felt. I walked by beautiful blooming dogwood trees, through a park with a fountain and noticed the sun rays shining through the mist, and the squirrels I walked by didn’t even scamper or run away from me. I feel enchanted. Okay, I realize how cheesy I sound but I mean it. I know there will definitely be hard times and pain throughout motherhood as well. However I also know that I have only had a tiny taste of the joy our little girl or boy will add to our lives. And boy oh boy, I cannot wait to meet him or her and share him or her with the world! What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment