Tuesday, October 4, 2011

3 Months of River

I thought I would blog much more often once River arrived and I no longer "worked" full time. Yeah, right! Now, how do I even begin to reflect on the past 3 months of motherhood and catch you all up?

Well first of all, it really is true. "They grow up too fast." River has grown, developed, and changed so stinkin' much in twelve weeks. I find myself looking back through my cell phone pictures and feeling so mushy about how little he once was. A few more weeks from now I will look back at his current pictures and feel the same way. And before I know it he'll be going to kindergarten, getting his driver's license, getting married, and having a son or daughter of his own. Sigh. Time really is flying.

I am so thankful to have such a healthy and happy baby boy. He's currently 15lbs 5oz and 26" long... yes 26!!! I won't way he's growing like a weed, but more like a jasmine vine- strong, bountiful, and quick. And oh boy, he is all smiles! This little guy smiles, chuckles, squeals, and "talks" to us all the time. He's so cute I can't even stand it. Sometimes I get caught up with housework or projects, and then I will hear him laugh. I have to just drop everything I am doing in that moment and cuddle him. Look into those big eyes, smile back at his vibrant face, and soak up every moment of his life. There will always be work and cleaning to be done, but I won't be able to relive River's precious moments as a little baby. So needless to say, I have a slightly messy house and haven't been very productive the past few months. But I have a happy baby and a happy husband and that is enough for me.

Being a new mom and settling into my new life has been a bit of a whirlwind. There have been moments where I have felt so flawed, immature, selfish, weak, & like a complete moron. And there have been moments where I have felt strong, beautiful, loved, equipped, and like I am fulfilling my destiny to be a wife and mom. Motherhood so far has strengthened and humbled me over and over again. If I am ever having a weak moment I have to remind myself that there is no one else in this world that can do a better job at being River's mommy than me. And I am the best wife that Bradley could ever have. I was made to love, nurture, encourage, support, and take care of them... and they do all the same for me. I couldn't have a better husband or son. Bradley is the most incredible daddy, and he continually encourages me to be the best me I can be. I'm so blessed.





I do plan on sharing our birth story soon! I know it will take me quite sometime to write it all down between feedings and diaper changes. ;) So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment